- Conroy, T. & Watson, P. (2023). What happens when there’s a local skill surplus: Overeducation, Natural Amenities, and Entrepreneurship. Small Business Economics.
- Deller, S. & Conroy, T. (2023). I Will Survive…but at What (Opportunity) Cost?: A Spatial Analysis of Business Survival and Jacobian Externalities. Growth and Change.
- Conroy, T. & Low, S. (2022). Entrepreneurship, Broadband and Gender: Evidence from Establishment Births in Rural America. International Regional Science Review.
- Conroy, T. & Low, S. (2022). Opportunity, Necessity and No One in the Middle: A Closer Look at Small, Rural and Female-led Entrepreneurship in the U.S. Applied Economics Policy and Perspective.
- Deller, S. and Conroy, T. (2021). Spatial Patterns in the Relationship Between Religion and Economic Growth. Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy.
- Petach, L., Weiler, S., and Conroy, T. (2021). It’s a Wonderful Loan: Local Financial Composition, Community Banks, and Economic Resilience. Journal of Banking and Finance.
- Conroy, T., Deller, S., &Watson, P. (2021). Regional Income Inequality: a link to women-owned businesses. Small Business Economics.
- Deller, S., Whitacre, B., & Conroy, T. (2021). Rural Internet Speed and Business Startup Rates. American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Conroy, T. & Ross, A. (2020). One Real Problem at a Time: Revisiting Regional Science and Women Economists. Review of Regional Studies.
- Deller, Steven, and Tessa Conroy. (2020). Regional Level Social Capital and Business Survival Rates. Review of Regional Studies.
- Xuanan, Pan, Tessa Conroy, Tsvetkova, Alexandra, and Matt Kures. (2020). Incentives and Firm Migration: An Interstate Comparison Approach. Economic Development Quarterly.
- Tsvetkova, A., Thill, J., & Conroy, T. (2020). Surviving in a high-tech manufacturing industry: the role of innovative environment and proximity to metropolitan industrial portfolio. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal.
- Conroy, Tessa. (2019). The Kids Are Alright: Working Women, Schedule Flexibility, and Child Care. Regional Studies.
- Conroy, Tessa and Stephan Weiler. (2019). Local and Social: Entrepreneurship, Networks, and Economic Growth. Annals of Regional Science.
- Deller, S., Kures, M., & Conroy, T. (2019). Rural Entrepreneurship and Migration. Journal of Rural Studies.
- Conroy, Tessa, Steven Deller, and Matt Kures. (2019). Entrepreneurship in Rural Employment. in Rural Policies and Employment: TransAtlantic Experiences. World Scientific Publishing.
- Deller, Steven C., Bjorn Markeson and Tessa Conroy. (2018). Social Capital, Religion, and Small Business Activity. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Weiler, Stephan, and Tessa Conroy. (2018). Entrepreneurship, Growth, and Gender. in Regional Research Frontiers. Springer.
- Deller, Steven and Tessa Conroy. (2016). Business Survival Rates Across the Urban-Rural Divide. Community Development.
- Conroy, Tessa, Steven Deller, and Alexandra Tsvetkova. (2016). Interstate Relocation of Manufacturers and Business Climate. Review of Urban and Regional Development Studies.
- Deller, Steven, Tessa Conroy and Philip Watson. (2017) Women Business Owners: A Source of Stability During the Great Recession?” Applied Economics.
- Conroy, Tessa, Sarah Low, and Stephan Weiler. (2017). Fueling the Job Engines: The Impact of Small Business Loans on Establishment Births. Contemporary Economic Policy.
- Conroy, Tessa, Harvey Cutler, and Stephan Weiler. (2015). The State-level Economic Impacts of Enforcing Sales Taxes for E-Retail Purchases. Growth and Change.
- Conroy, Tessa, Steven Deller, and Alexandra Tsvetkova. (2016). Regional Business Climate and Interstate Manufacturing Relocation Decisions. Regional Science and Urban Economics.
- Conroy, Tessa and Stephan Weiler. (2016). Does gender matter for job creation? Business Ownership and Employment Growth. Small Business Economics.
- Conroy, Tessa and Stephan Weiler. (2015). Where are the Women Entrepreneurs? Business Ownership Growth Across the Urban Landscape. Economic Inquiry.